Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Diamond Age

I find it interesting how Miranda manages to ract after becoming a Drummer, in Nell’s Primer in order to find her.

After reading all that Nell learns from the Primer, I wonder how nice it would be to have one myself; I wish I could learn martial arts and all the proper etiquette as easily as Nell had. Having someone/something as a companion teaches is much more effective than someone/something that is completely foreign to your way of things.

I felt sort of bad for Hackworth, while he was gone his wife had decided to divorce him and when he came back Fiona decided to join him on his journey. On their travels, they stumble across Dramatis Personae and Fiona decides to stay with them. Hackworth has lost his family entirely. To think that a girl would rather stay with a theatre troupe than with her father is quite disturbing.

Princess Nell finds out her subjects were mice and when they become disenchanted, they are an army of little girls. What are you supposed to do with an army of little girls? Take over a city?

No comments: